Full Thread: Edgar J Steele is dead
View Single Post
Old September 23rd, 2014 #79
Hadding

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.D. Jack View Post
"LSD"...if true, that could explain a lot.

I only glanced at the case occasionally, but every time I did, there was some incomprehensible weirdness being reported.

It always seemed odd to me that any handyman (and am I wrong that that particular handyman had a previous record?) would be entrusted with constructing a secret hide-away for a very valuable coin collection. But maybe that seems odd only in hindsight.
From Edgar Steele's Nickel Rant of 16 November 2009:
I honestly believe that if we were to add a little LSD to the water supply every Monday morning, war and discord of every sort would vanish from the face of the Globe. Did you know that LSD is chemically identical to a substance produced in exceedingly small quantities in the human brain, by the way? http://www.nickelrant.com/rants/091116rant.htm
Steele is telling us there that he loves LSD, that LSD is good for you. That's earlier in the same month that Steele had his ruptured aortic aneurysm. I wonder if Steele was on acid when Dr. Ellis visited him.

But LSD is probably relatively innocuous, in terms of disruption of mental function, compared to Ambien, which Steele listed in his letter to Giles as one of the drugs that he had been abusing.