View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2012 #634
Solskeniskyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadding View Post
...Pedophilia is sexual interest in prepubescents, of which Jeremy Forrest shows not the slightest indication.

... Because Forrest's girlfriend is a few months short of her 16th birthday, whereupon it will be legal under British law for Forrest to have sex with her, according to Bev he should be castrated.
This is not my fight, and not my business, but just for the record: Bev and others have numerous times stated that you are disregarding the fact that his interest in her goes a long way back(how long? do they have a good approximation?) and that therefore the term paedophile is warranted, although she by now has grown old enough where hebophilia would be more correct. Any comments on this?

And even though it looks to me that you might be correct that hebophile is technically more accurate, the term "pedophile" is pretty well established in folk tongue, though not always - maybe even very seldom - technically accurate, to cover a bit more than only interest in pre-pubescent children. This case, where a teacher hooks up with a student that is in a dependent position, probably pushes that definition even further higher age-definition-wise among the people (especially those who have children themselves), and though it's not technically accurate, like it or not, 99% (especially parents) reading about this story will find that "teacher pedo" fucking disgusting, and would like to give him a good ass kicking, if not worse. And to me that is a good, natural, valid reaction.

Most are *not interested in learning the exact definitions of paedophilia, hebephilia, ephebophilia etc., yes, I'll vager to say that most are not familiar with them (personally, I had to look them up on google), and the common- what i call 'sensical' and you'll probably call 'ignorant' -broader definition of 'fkn pedo' is good enough, even more valid, than the one stated in the textbooks.

Also, seeing you use the term 'barely illegal' also feels kind of strange, given that you have a reputation of being very nitty about definitions (not least evident in this discussion).

What are you hoping to get out of this? Even if you are only valiantly fight for the proper use of the different pedo-definitions( and I'll use that vague abbrivation which ever way I want), I think most, me included, will read your posts as at best a bit wierd and anal, probably more like a bit suspect passive-defensive pedo-appeasment, and at worse walk away thinking you're a pedo yourself. That might not be at all fair, but it is how you come across, and you should know that, and that it damages your reputation and credibility, casting a shadow over your otherwise great postings and expertize on other, more important, pressing subjects on VNNF. Atleast that is how it is for me.

It is pretty clear that you and Bev(&Henry.) despise each other, and if that is really the main cause of this squabble, maybe it's just better to stear clear of eachothers way instead of engaging in endless bickering.

Last edited by Solskeniskyn; October 25th, 2012 at 05:25 AM. Reason: missed*