View Single Post
Old March 11th, 2019 #45
spoon!
Somewhere in Zog World....

Another time, I was stationed in Georgia, and our barracks were out in the swamps. They were those old open bay, grey cinder-block barracks probably built in WWII or the Korean war. Anyway, I have CQ (Charge of Quarters), where you're on duty for the night. You answer the phone, keep a log and occasionally walk around and check that things are locked and that no bullshit is going on. I let my Spec 4 sleep and I was reading the "Amityville Horror."

It's about 3 in the morning, and the only thing you can hear are crickets. I read a part that said the sign of the demon Beelzebub was the sound of flies and a sickly sweet smell. I had read something similar about a week before and started to get creeped out. You know, when the hair on the back of your neck starts tingling. Anyway the Battalion OD, walks in and I never heard him coming. This happened right while I'm being creeped out, the door flies open and the OD walks in. I jumped up and almost screamed like a little girl. It scared the living shit out of me for a couple of seconds. Looking back, it was hilarious, but not funny at the time.