View Single Post
Old September 7th, 2011 #30
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall View Post
At the risk of giving you unnecessary additional ammo for your vendetta against Christianity, I think it is necessary to dispel the erroneous attribution of the term "Racism' to Trotsky, Gramsci, Lenin, or any other 20th century figure.

The earliest usage I can find dates from August, 1872. The Holy and Great pan-Orthodox Synod of the Eastern Orthodox church issued a statement on "The Heresy of Racism," wherein it stated:
Quote:

http://www.incommunion.org/2004/12/1...esy-of-racism/

It took the Roman Catholics another 90 years to catch up, with Vatican II. The poor backward Southern Baptists didn't get fully with the program until their 1995 Convention. But they are all aboard the PC train now.
[I'm going to transfer this into The Verbal War subforum.]

That's quite interesting, Stonewall. A couple points: 1) re you sure someone isn't going back and substituting modern 'racism' for some other term in whichever language the Eastern Orthodox were using in 1872? 2) the idea that 'racism' was created/popularized by Trotsky/Hirschfeld is from a Sam Francis essay. He was a PhD, so it is assumed he would have that stuff nailed down. Not that it hugely matters, but it is interesting to trace it.