View Single Post
Old June 1st, 2016 #4
Karl Radl
The Epitome of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viola View Post
I've started on the Paleo Diet (not super strict, but I'm trying :-P) fairly recently. I don't really seem to miss bread or pasta or anything very much, but I really really want to bake something. I've tried baking cookies with almond flour (using honey and all-fruit jam as sweeteners), and they turn out pretty yummy but they always end up with the outsides and bottom slightly burned and the middle falling apart. I also wanted to try to make some banana bread using almond flour, but I'm worried the same thing will happen, and almond flour is expensive lol. Although my sis is senior chef at Masala TV but of a no use to me.

Any ideas? Do I need to add something to it, or bake it at a lower temp, or what?? Or is it the sweeteners I'm using that are causing this to happen??
I don't tend to use Paleo treats myself. I went cold turkey on a lot of stuff including baked goods. I am not missing the sugar either. My only treat is milky coffee in the morning.

My wife thinks that if you are having problems with things getting burnt then you should try baking at a lower temperature and check it regularly to see what is going on.