View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2014 #45
Jimmy Marr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie in Ohio View Post
Glad your boy is safe, Jimmy. The totaled brand new Porsche will be fodder for family gatherings for decades.
Thanks Donnie.

Fortunately, as more facts emerge, the situation was less serious than I originally thought and posted.

The Porsche was not brand new. It was a 2011 Panamera, and it did not roll. It merely ran off the road into a ditch and hit "several trees". My son exited the crashed car via the sun roof. He was not seriously injured, but went to the hospital for a CT scan, but the cause of his stupidity did not show up on the image.

He's scraped and banged and friction burned from the airbags and broken glass, but I think he mainly went to the hospital to avoid the embarrassment of going back home and explaining what he had done, which was basically loose control of the car at high speed in some loose gravel on the right shoulder of a two lane road, cross to the left shoulder and loose control again, cross back to the right shoulder and go off into the ditch.

He says he was going 80 or 90mph and the posted speed limit was 50. He was not drinking and somehow did not receive a traffic citation, which may be another the reason he decided to hightail it out of there to the hospital.

It sure scared me when his sister called to say he was in the hospital, but was OK. I remember asking "If he's OK, why is he in the hospital?" But apparently he is indeed OK, and hopefully a slightly improved driver.

My daughter's mother-in-law is apparently being a good sport about it, and claims to be happy to have a reason to buy a new car.