Full Thread: Edgar Steele
View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2011 #2352
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry Social Security Checks Stop in Prison

Steele's gallows humor seems misplaced here. He complains about the loss of his social security checks:

Quote:
Never mind that the government further victimizes Cyndi by getting my Social Security checks (which have been going to her) stopped and by imprisoning me so that she completely loses all hope of any significant income for the rest of her life. The real perp gets rewarded from our savings, then the government wrecks my life and reputation while reducing Cyndi to poverty and depriving her of her partner, best friend and lover. It’s kind of like what America did in Iraq during the past 16 years. Or Viet-Nam so many years ago, where we destroyed yet another little country in order to “save” it.
I did not know about this law. Steele is being treated no differently than anyone else. Anyone in prison whether State or Federal loses social security if they are locked up for more than one month. If you are in for more than one year, you have to reapply for social security when you get out.

This is grossly unfair. This is not welfare. This is money paid to an account by the employee and his employer. It is not the government's money and this is an unfair punishment. This is not a welfare program but rather a retirement program. The government owes this money to the retiree and it is not a gift.

Perhaps Cyndi should have listened to me about her husband going insane from aorta surgery. That was his only chance and would have saved his social security check and eventually his freedom. She has something like 9,000 ounces of silver if she hasn't sold it. That will help.

Now Steele will spend a couple of years in Federal prison before his appeal is heard. He is unlikely to get a new trial then. A sane lawyer is in a very poor position to whine about ineffective council. An insanity defense had to sail right thru the court with his behavior. Had that been presented, he would have been getting the medical treatment than he needs long ago and would not be a convicted felon.