View Single Post
Old May 21st, 2009 #149
varg

http://www.charlottesvillenewsplex.t.../45735227.html

Quote:
May 21, 2009

Billy Gorman is just one of many people in Crozet who had the Aryan Alternative delivered to his home in what is normally a quiet Crozet neighborhood.

The paper touts itself as news and commentary from a white perspective but Gorman and some neighbors are upset, saying the paper is nothing but racist hate speech.

"Some things that come to mind are fear, kind of fear mongering which is a common strategy but upsetting is the emotional part of it," said Gorman.

We talked with one person who didn't want to appear on camera out of fear of being targeted by the distributors.

"I can't explain the emotions that I went through. I mean you run the gamut of all emotions when you pick up something like that, especially so close to your house," said a Crozet resident.

Some neighbors say the paper was hand delivered. They find that unsettling and upsetting, especially in a neighborhood filled with kids.

"I just, I wish it would stop. I don't like it. I don't like the fact that the kids can get ahold of it," said a Crozet resident.

"As these instances come up I think the best thing to do is just to make sure your kids know what's going on, on a level they can understand," said Gorman.

The Missouri publisher, Glenn Miller, says they're not out to get people upset.

"We don't like to upset people, we tell the truth. If the truth upsets people, what the hell are you going to do about it," said Miller.

He says the area was targeted and that more editions can be expected.

"Regarding the distributors, I've known a couple of them for more than 20 years," said Miller.

In the mean time, some residents are looking into the possibility of taking legal action to keep the papers out of their neighborhood. For now many are just tossing it in the trash.

Miller says if people don't want his paper, all they have to do is call and they will never receive one again. His number, 417-463-7703.