Full Thread: Missing Goyfire #19-21
View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2007 #4
Chain

What are the hits for Goyfire? Even if this not revealed publically, I'd sure like to know. The question is not for you, Agis. I know that you have been trying to find out as well. For a while, as I understood it, Stan didn't know and said that Geoff knew..then I thought Stan said that there was, after all, a way for him to look it up-- but he never did so, despite our having politely requested it many times over. Stan had also said earlier several times that he'd "meant to" and "forgotten to" ask Geoff. Maybe Stan knew Geoff would not be comfortable letting us know our numbers and Stan didn't want to rock the boat with his friendship with Geoff.

I don't think it's a state secret or anything. I mean to say, as I got it-- even Alex didn't know or hadn't heard himself for a long time. I may be wrong, but from memory, it seems like the last time we heard (privately-- not for the board in general, that is) was something like 4 to 6 moths ago-- probably closer to 4+ or 5 months. I think all requests have tacitly been denied. It had always been-- before these past few months-- a lot of fun to share the info between Stan, Agis, Alex and me in pre and post show discussions. I miss that. That went out the window when the info became exclusively the domain of Geoff. Very early on he was helpful, but that was for a realtively brief while in comparison to the total time he was at VNN. I have heard the odd person both in and out of admin state that GF is still the most popular of all VNN shows, so it is good to hear that basic tidbit of information. I know that podblanc has been able to mirror or independently host Goyfire, and that's a good thing too. I can certainly see the hits there. There's a counter on the public Goyfire player, at least on number 52. But obviously, VNN has the higher numbers and longer hosting.

I don't prefer to bring Geoff's name up, cause I don't want to make him feel that he has to come back and make a reply. I had told Geoff in a friendly way early on that his moderation was poor but that TTIND was absolutely outstanding. He could not tolerate this man to man criticism, and tossed out the working relationship on that basis. (When I followed up the friendly advice with more pointed, public moderation criticism was when he freaked.. Longtime activists were being tossed even as highly disruptive antis remained). He also cryptically and bizarrely told Agis early on--right out of left field with a catcher's mitt that he (Geoff) "wasn't going to lose"-- but that wasn't about moderation...it was [oddly!] seemingly about the matter of VNN in its totality!