Full Thread: Lincoln
View Single Post
Old July 21st, 2009 #4
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EireannGoddess View Post
Thank you for posting this Mr. Linder. I have always disliked having to read the required texts [for classes on American History] when it came to Lincoln. I could never believe that he was a great man, the usual books seemed so false to me. Always attesting that one should revere and honour Lincoln, though it was not necessary that one understood why Lincoln behaved as he did. I got into quite a lot of trouble when I questioned Lincoln's motives for the near utter destruction of the South as well as other aspects about Lincoln. Basically I was told to shut up, that Lincoln was great simply because he was, and that he was an entirely enigmatic man who apparently could never be understood by the average person. For some odd reason, I was also taught that he suffered from bouts of depression and even that he was something of a mystic.

The description of Lincoln as taught to me seemed a close description of what a jewish president might behave as - and, ultimately I dismissed all study of him as a jewish fantasy. Simplistic as that dismissal may be, I could not suspend my intellect in order to believe what I was expected to accept.

No one should ever take at face value what one is taught regarding the American Civil War since that war in particular had such impact on future America and thus the world in general.
Lincoln was certainly an impressive individual. He was much stronger physically and mentally than the average person, as well as being a top orator and exceptionally cunning. Nevertheless, he used his abilities to destroy the country, and for that he can't be forgiven.

I enjoy DiLorenzo twitting the neocons with the facts about Lincoln on race. Where DiLorenzo breaks down is in explaining why Lincoln's racial views were wrong. DiLorenzo, like all libertarians, pretends race doesn't matter. Everything is a matter of individual rights. So it's fun to (email him) twit him with the fact that black individuals commit tens of thousands of rapes, annually, against white women. It would be a good idea if everytime he wrote one of these articles 100 WN emailed him making these points. "In light of the destruction of Detroit and every other black-majority city, what makes you so sure that racist Lincoln was wrong and you libertarians who pretend race doesn't exist are right?" Something along those lines.