View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2014 #4
ericthered
Idle Anger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
Work - you're not supposed to enjoy it, you're supposed to tolerate it for a pay check. That is how things are for most people.
I got into my trade because I needed a job and the place that hired me was needing an apprentice to fulfill a quota required by a gov. grant. Not something I was interested in. I learned it and became good at it. Done it for 25 years now. Never been without a job and the skills learned have come in handy. If I had to do it all over again though, I would go to school and become an engineer.

Quote:
I'll use an example. In HS, I took a machining class. I was terrible at it. I scrapped more parts than anyone else in the class did. I knew right then and there I wasn't going to pursue that trade any further. That doesn't mean I didn't learn something, I can still make simple parts, its just my error rate is too high to be employable in that trade. Most shops expect you to have an error rate of under 5-6%.
Good that you based your decision on some hard logic, a rarity these days. Seems to be another prime target of big jew.

Ironically, my trade is machining, and I sucked at Metals class in school too, mainly because I was a stoner though :/