Full Thread: Snake News
View Single Post
Old August 10th, 2013 #145
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
You can't get any sense out of these shits. Either they're covering up facts in pushing the jewline, or they're covering up facts because they're "too gruesome" and are likely to "traumatize the family".....
Here's the Daily Mail. Of course, DM is famous for lying, be it imaginary German atrocities or whatever.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...urn-vigil.html

I see this press problem as a version or variation of the problem Anglo-Saxons have with sex and nudity. These are not problems on the continent, but they are huge problems in Anglo-Saxon culture. I think their inability to cover anything simply and honestly is related to this, or possibly even the same thing, psychologically.

The thing about German society is the calmness. There's a certain bluntness, matter-of-factness that can be almost shocking if you're from a different culture. But, damn, I think it's better. You never get anything in America or Britain that isn't coated.

Just tell the reader the fucking facts first. You can moralize later. But you can never get this. Even in a story where there's no PC involved, like this one, or where it's at best a minor, you still can't get the thing straight.

I mean - fuck - you're a "reporter" - that means you're supposed to tell me WHAT HAPPENED?

How can a snake choke two kids without one of them waking up? Where were the parents sleeping?

But you know, hell, they didn't care enough to give the facts about how the WTC came down, so why would anyone care about the technics of a snake strangulation?

Last edited by Alex Linder; November 30th, 2013 at 03:26 PM.