Full Thread: Edgar Steele
View Single Post
Old August 8th, 2011 #2119
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Default Fairfax Gets His Silver

This is scumbag Fairfax's story as to how he got the first half of his silver. He claims that he got the second half the same way. Jim Michaud is the retired local judge who served as Fairfax's attorney in negociations with the FBI.
========
Quote:
2-436-22

Fairfax questioned by Whelan

Q. You said there were two conversations. Can you think about when the next conversation occurred?
A. Yeah. The next one was right around February, March.
Q. Of 2010?
A. Yes.
Q. And, again, where did that conversation occur?
A. That one was towards the five-car garage where I built it, right in front of that one. Because he still wasn't totally up to -- he had just had the heart attack and he was just about -- you know, just getting out and walking.
Q. So was that at Mr. Steele's place on Talache Road?
A. Yes, it was.
Q. In Sagle, Idaho?
A. Yes.
Q. Who was present for that conversation?
A. Edgar and myself.
Q. What was said during that conversation?
A. Let's see. Actually, we -- he wanted to go for a ride in his Crown Vic. We went to the post office.
Q. Okay. And did you have a conversation in the Crown Vic? That's a car?
A. Yeah, that's his car. Yes, we did.
Q. Okay. So what was the conversation?
A. about killing people. I said, "Yes." And he said, "Okay. I've got a couple people I want killed."
Q. Did he identify who?
A. Yes, he did.
Q. And who did he say?
A. His wife and his mother-in-law.
Q. Okay. Now, had he provided any additional names before?
A. Yes, he had, the first time we talked. He mentioned a judge, Jim Michaud; Frank Linscott, a rock pit owner; and his neighbors; and another judge, but I didn't recognize his name, so I don't remember it.
Q. Now, the first conversation you said happened maybe September, October, sometime in the fall of '09; right?
A. Right.
Q. This next conversation you've indicated happened in February, March of 2010?
A. Yes.
Q. Between that period of time, had you killed anybody?
A. No.
Q. So again, why would you tell him that you would do this?
A. Because I thought there was a way I could get the money without doing it.
Q. So what was the particulars, if there were any, during that conversation about how much you were to be paid, how it was to be done, anything about how he wanted these done?
A. He said he would give me $10,000 per person, and he would give an extra $5,000 if I went over there where his wife was staying and did it over there.
Q. Do you know what state that was in?
A. Oregon. Portland.
Q. Did he say how he would pay you?
A. Yes. He said he would give me silver.
Q. Were you going to get any money down, or was it all upon delivery?
A. No. He gave me half of the first 10,000 down. And then two weeks later I told him I had already spent that, and I needed the other half, and he gave me that, too.
Q. So, to be clear, the defendant offered you a job; is that correct?
A. Yes.
Q. A job to kill somebody?
A. Yes.
Q. You accepted that job?
A. Yes.
Q. You took money for it?
A. Yes.
Q. Did you ever intend to carry through on that job?
A. No.
Q. Can you tell the jury, then, how this happened? I mean, did he come up and give you silver coins? What happened?
A. We -- the time when we walked out by the five-car garage that I said that I made for him, he showed me a desk that was in there, and he said he would put the money inside the desk.
Q. And did he do that?
A. Yes, he did. I came back two days later, and the money was in the desk.