Full Thread: Audio
View Single Post
Old December 12th, 2014 #62
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
I believe you. I like your approach. Lot's of us do. I hope these podcasts make the rounds. I'm doing my part.
Thanks. Got held up yesterday. More coming today.

Quote:
This is a common tendency, but it's been exacerbated by the massive application of psychoanalytic hogwash to baby boomers. It creates a sense of identity that is completely attributable to familial relationships, especially anything that can be conflated as a sexual relationship between parent and child. That's what gives it it's grab.
Was over at Salvation Army looking through books, seems like 9/10ths of what's published is psychobabble aimed at women.

Quote:
Now, let me show off something I've learned from you:

If all elements of identity are attributable to social environment, to what elements must they NOT be attributed?

For sixty-four thousand dollars, what are race and genetics?
I don't understand what you mean. I like to say, the environment doesn't cause me, I happen to the environment. I don't like stuff that portrays people as passive. Even if one is abused, it still ends up being: where do you go from here? Who's in charge? If not oneself, then who? Why surrender power to others, even those living in past? If you're an adult, you can make your own decisions. It seems so simple.

Last edited by Alex Linder; December 12th, 2014 at 05:49 PM.