View Single Post
Old November 10th, 2014 #10
ericthered
Idle Anger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
That is pretty sad they need a government grant in order to encourage them to hire apprentices. There are very few younger people getting into some of these trades like machining.

I was thinking about going back to tech school to learn how to be a bench tech and work on electronics. It would be a valuable skill to learn combined with some of the other stuff I know how to do. 1 year wait to get in that program. I put my name down on the list though. I'd like to be able to look at a circuit board and know exactly what I'm looking at, and if its fixable or how to fix it if its broken.

I also looked into which programs had openings available, and damn near every trade there had a backlog, some even a 3 year wait. The only one that didn't have a backlog that you could get right in on was Machine Tool and Die.
The grant was around 25 years ago for a building. That was athe time when manufacturing in the U.S. started declining in a major way. Toolmakers and machinists at that time made a lot more than now, partially due to CNC machines but mostly due to jews and traitorous white phucks selling out our nation.

I have some some electronics training and at one point thought along the lines you mentioned, but so much stuff is throw away anymore. To work at repairing boards you'll have to drone work for some major company. Field service work on CNC machining equipment might be worth looking into.

There is currently a shortage of CNC operators and programmers. Not a bad trade to get into. To be a good programmer one needs to have some experience running them first though.