View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2005 #22
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking I got one too ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Border Ruffian
I got a Leatherman "Wave" a few Chritmases back that I'm still very pleased with. Supposedly it's not as sturdy as their more popular "PST" or "Supertool" but it has more tools on it. It's basically Leatherman's swiss army knife, but no corkscrew. The blades have very good locks on them, mine never failed under any kind of use. It folds up pretty small, just barely longer than your palm is wide.

Broke about a 2mm piece off one of the pliers' points because I was pulling and turning something gripped too close to the points, but it hasn't effected it's usefulness. I use it daily.

Mine's an older style than this Wave here, it has 5 screwdrivers but not the removable bits.
You have good taste too Border Ruffian..I love my Wave and when I'm working I always have it with me, along with either one of the two sturdy linelockers pictured below clipped somewhere.

I fucking lost a beautiful, one-of-a-kind made for me titanium frame folding knife (that was irreplaceable) at the Hells Angels MC 'Hellraiser Ball' on Long Island a few years back when a group of Pagans from the local LI chapter ripped the front doors off the place and swarmed in ..I heard that pop-pop of gunfire and knew the Nassau and NYC cops who I noticed outside doing surveillance were going to freek and call in the cavalry so I got the fuck outta there the second I read which way the fight was gonna go.

I went there to see Sonny Barger, past president of the HAMC Oakland CA chapter and biker legend who was there promoting his book about his life as an Angel an get a book signed for a buddy who is down and WTF?? ..most of these guys are in their 40’s and 50’s and older and I never expected this fucking bull-shit at a tattoo show, I don’t think the cops did either …I exploited that fact and the confusion to get my azz the fuck outta Dodge in one piece, unfortunately I lost that fucking knife and a few other goodies punching and kicking my way out of that place.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1839426.stm

I’ve never heard any negative stuff about the Wave being weak, mmmm ...never had a problem with it and as you can see Ive had it fer years.

the two linelockers, the modified tanto holds a nice edge but blemishes 'cause of the carbon steel

Cheers