View Single Post
Old August 20th, 2007 #13
Francis Playfair
W.N.F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Marr;
Start off with investing in a quality microphone, FTL's sound quailty is worse than can be had with two tin cans and a string.

I cant take more than 2 min listening to it.
You're missing the point, the point is that the quality of the broadcast is the most important part, not the tech specification.

Obviously the better the specification of the technical equipment the better, but it's the content that sells.

When a person looks through their TV guide, or picks a movie to watch, what criteria do they use?

Do they sit there saying movie A cost $20million to make, movie B $50 million, and movie C $200million, so therefore they will go see movie C, or are they more interested in the entertainment value?

The audience wants the most entertaining, or most informative show they can get, put on by the best hosts available.

That's what sells!

If someone stumbled on this site, with $20,000 burning a hole in their back pocket their not going to say, wow, they have a way cool mic, I think I'll invest my money here, they are only going to invest if the content and quality of the show is right.

A talented broadcaster will attract funding, and end up with the best equipment, but a quality mic will never get a promotion.