View Single Post
Old August 24th, 2013 #699
M.N. Dalvez

procopius, Hans, you're both so in love with the sound of your own voice, anything that seems to be even vaguely at odds with it, is 'insanity', 'fantasy', et cetera, et cetera ...

You say Breivik was insane, a 'schizo-psycho' (very scientific term, that, by the way ). The fact is, they would have loved to have found anything they could use to diagnose him as schizophrenic, or as having some other form of mental illness). That way, they could have thrown him in a mental institution for an indeterminate length of time, and completely discredited what he did and why he did it - two birds with one stone. But they didn't find a thing about the man himself to support such a thesis. That would have been the best-case scenario for the prosecution and the Norwegian state in his case, and even with that considered, they could not prove, or find anything, to show that he was legally insane. So saying he was a psycho is dumb.

Yes, he did something absolutely horrific (simply put, his actions were calculated to inspire fear and terror, and they did). But that in itself is not a proper diagnosis of mental illness, and you'd admit that if you weren't so keen to believe that he was insane.

Procopius, you say his actions didn't inspire any fear in leftists and multiculturalists - and that's complete bullshit on the face of it, a child-like attempt at a 'nuh-uh, no he didn't, that's not true, nuh-uh!!!' in response to something which very mildly contradicts what you believe about him.

'Violence fantasies' have nothing to do with it - at least, not for me. I never did things things like that, not in my 20-odd years of activism, and I don't fancy myself a 'tough guy'. It's clear to me that what is needed is more clear thinking, more organisation, and much more activism of all sorts.

But to deny Breivik hasn't terrified our enemies? That's just stupid. And thinking he has terrified our enemies is necessarily down to some sort of fetish for violence? That's even more stupid.

Last edited by M.N. Dalvez; August 24th, 2013 at 05:08 AM.