Full Thread: #1 Green Nigger Thread
View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2019 #1302
T.Garrett
Banned

Talking everyone has an opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladiatrix View Post
"The $682 billion spent by the U.S. in 2012, according to the Office of Management and Budget, was more than the combined military spending of China, Russia, the United Kingdom, Japan, France, Saudi Arabia, India, Germany, Italy and Brazil — which spent $652 billion, according to the SIPRI Military Expenditure Database."

https://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/military-spending-cuts/u-s-military-spending-dwarfs-rest-world-n37461
Look at item 5 'SIPRI estimates for China' on the Sources and Methods page on the website for the 'think tank' you quote and see ...

https://www.sipri.org/databases/mile...es-and-methods

Quote:
While details of some elements of Chinese military spending outside the official defense budget are publicly available (such as the PAP budget) others—most importantly R&D spending—are not, and can at present only be the subject of educated guesswork. Further research based on publicly available Chinese-language sources could provide improved estimates, but without greater transparency on the part of the Chinese Government, a completely accurate figure is not currently possible.
I would say, from the looks of things this orgs entire estimate on China's military spending is based on 'guesswork'.

Most of the reported US military budget goes to pay for its hugely bloated and technologically antiquated footprint worldwide, DoD 'reports' that it spends, what $150 billion USD on R&D divided up among the services every fiscal year.

I would guesstimate the Chinese spend a considerable amount more than the US on R&D and so do the Russians in efforts to close the perceived military tech gap between themselves and the US regime, which they rightly fear as their deadly enemy so I don't think cost is holding them back. America is their existential nemesis.

https://thenewsrep.com/83096/pentago...seas-presence/

The Chinese are expanding their presence worldwide and when they built those artificial islands in the South China Sea recently they displayed a military engineering prowess that surpasses anything the US is capable of. As I mentioned before, most US military equipment in the field is obsolete, built to fight a war with Russia in the last century. Since the dawn of this one (century), Russia and China have been steadily and unrelentingly modernizing their forces while closely watching everything the Pentagon does to discern weak points. And I'm sure they have found many that they will be able to exploit if they ever do come to blows with the US.

I'd say that the slant-eyed punks are going to be running the world's #1 military power in the near future, with their partners the Russians.

In my opinion, of course.

Do you have an opinion or do you just quote and paste others ideas?

Last edited by T.Garrett; May 9th, 2019 at 12:30 AM.