View Single Post
Old December 11th, 2013 #28
Donnie in Ohio
Switching to glide

Three cars that will be going straight up in value over the next 60 months. You heard it heer first:

1. 1983-84 Oldsmobile Hurst/Olds

2. 1979-1981 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

3. 1968-1972 Pontiac GTO

These cars are presently undervalued in the collector car market, and are just starting their upswing. If you're looking to literally park some investment cash in something you can (on very nice days) drive, look for the cars above to appreciate by 30% over the next five years. That's better than you're going to legally get most anywhere else.

Do your homework. Make sure you're buying a real Z28 or GTO and not a Lemans someone has badged as a Judge.

Look for original, #s matching, non-fucked with versions of these cars as much as possible. If they've been modified, return them to stock. Year One will have everything you need to do so.

Options are king. T-Tops/convertible models are worth more. Manual transmissions (The Hurst/Olds were offered auto only, and they didn't make very many of those year Z28s with a 4-speed, but still, look for them) will always be worth more than an automatic.

Craigslist & the AutoTrader Classic website are a great place to start. Any specific questions I'm happy to help.

Just passing it along. Solid, documented examples of these 3 cars will appreciate in value. As pretty much always, you'll see I'm right in the future.