Full Thread: TV That Doesn't Suck
View Single Post
Old July 5th, 2013 #11
N.B. Forrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthaus Hetzenauer View Post
Without a doubt it was; the very first of its kind to set a new standard by openly slapping White America right in the fucking kisser. And though the show's creator, the jew Norman Lear, intended for Archie to be laughed at, it just may be that it backfired on his tuchis, because I, along with damn near everyone I knew, was actually laughing with the man, not at him.

As far as O'Connor being a comic genius goes: yeah, that's true as far as Family went, no argument there. But unlike most actors who've played what jews determine to be bigots, racists, antisemites, misogynists, homo-haters, etc. and who, as a result, have a burning desire to do penance for their decidedly un-PC roles by publicly displaying their liberal credentials in media interviews, O'Connor showed them a new way of redeeming themselves: grab the lead role in a show about a Southern sheriff who goes out of his way to show just how much he adores black ass by marrying a negress. Presto-change-o! instant redemption!
Yeah, I don't recall ever watching a full episode of that Heat of the Night turkey. O'Connor was a pinko through & through: his old man was a lawyer with a kike firm, as I recall, and Carroll grew up around them in an affluent, "tolerant" atmosphere. His real accent, BTW, was very upper crust New York - miles from his Archie Bunker blue-collar White Bronx one he affected so well.

He was hilarious in Kelly's Heroes & Water Hole No. 3 as well.

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin