View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2013 #8
Jae Manzel

Belfast inventor launches crease-free pants that promise to maintain smooth shape

From Jennifer Lawrence to Khloe Kardashian, even A-listers aren't immune to uncomfortable and embarrassing camel toe.

But now it seems that the days of suffering in silence could be at an end thanks to Belfast inventor, Collette McCrarren.

Ms McCrarren has designed an innovative set of underwear named bodiBase that includes a patented gusset fabricated to hold its shape and fend off camel toe.
The underwear is also made from a special silver-infused fabric, which, claims McCrarren, has anti-bacterial and odour-eliminating properties.

Now McCrarren hopes to put the knickers into production with a little help from crowd-funding website, Kickstarter, and is looking for £25,000 in total.

On the website, she explains how she hit upon the idea and reveals that it came about after finding it impossible to unearth sports underwear that didn't leave her feeling 'paranoid'.

'The idea for bodiBase came from my own personal frustrations with inadequate underwear,' explains the former dental technician.

Speaking to MailOnline, she added: 'My hope for bodiBase is to see it succeed on Kickstarter so I can prove to retailers that there is a market for this fantastic product.

'I really hope that women hear about my project and support it so I can work on other products such as swimwear and gym clothing. I am still working full-time as a dental technician to help me get bodiBase out into the market.

'What keeps me going with bodiBase is the interest I've had from women that play sport, go to the gym, who compete in dressage and just normal everyday women that wear leggings/tight clothing, not only here in the UK but in Australia and the USA.

'I know that if women get to know that bodiBase is available, it will be something they will want to have. I really do hope that this could be the start of a business and a brand.

'It would be wonderful for bodiBase to take off as it has been designed and will be made right here in the UK which will lead to creating jobs and bringing British manufacturing back.'

Those who back the project can expect to be among the first to get their hands on the underwear, with both thong and short versions offered to backers.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...-inventor.html