View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2013 #32
N.B. Forrest

Man, don't get me started about water problems....I have a cistern/jet pump system that's caused me so many expensive headaches over the years itz a wonder my head didn't explode....Just day before yesterday I got the latest resolved. We had a very bad cold/high wind snap 2 weeks ago that blew the lid off the hole in the ground with the pump. No water. Called out the goddamn plumber: said he didn't know what the problem was. "Uh, it could be the impeller in the pump, or it could, uh, be the foot valve in the cistern - but I can't lift that cistern lid. Anyway, changing the foot valve would cost $515, and replacing the pump would run $1600..." Fuck THAT... I had a "handyman" (BWAHAHAHA!!) neighbor who has a plumber uncle take a look. Trouble pinpointed: a burst pump from freezing. Off to Lowe's to spend $220 on a new one - which he immediately destroys by neglecting to switch down from 220 to 120: right back to Lowe's....FINALLY got the bitch together & working again - until the next round o' fun.....

Within the last 4 years I've been forced to spend nearly $3000 just to keep the fucking water on....

"The man who does not exercise the first law of nature—that of self preservation — is not worthy of living and breathing the breath of life." - John Wesley Hardin