View Single Post
Old March 5th, 2006 #37
Aronomus

My take on the 2nd WTC plane to add to the cacophony:

I know more than a little about planes and I think others with comparable background might come to the same conclusions I have. I saw it happen in real time and also many replays. These comments are about the aircraft's flight path and what it tells me and and not about the impact itself and what follows.

The a/c is still in a turn at impact and also appears to be pulling a bunch of G's, maybe three or more positive. An expert driving a plane into a target would have everything sorted out well before impact, but this plane approached in an arc and is still in a max flightpath correction mode right up to impact. What this means to me is this: Rooky. Not an experienced pilot. So, the explanation of a low time pilot or flightsim whiz at the controls is consistent with what I saw. This reinforces the standard story.

Another story is that some kind of "autopilot" may have commandeered the a/c. In this case, what kind of navigation was used ? GPS alone is not quite good enough for a task like this. So, hand it off in the final mile or two to a ground based observer to eyeball it into the target? Easier said than done. And, the observed fightpath would have made that quite difficult. Again, the best plan would have the a/c released to the "final controller" straight and level, aimed at the target and in line up above the controller. Significant and late path correction might be expected though. I don't give this theory much weight.

However, if the building had a beacon and the a/c had some sort of corresponding equipment THEN the flightpath would be expected to be about what me and everyone else saw. But, this sort of thing would take a lot of doing, a lot of cooperation of many entities, extensive access to the a/c for equipment install, etc. The beacon in the building part would be easy, though. Still a big stretch for me for many reasons. Occams razor, you know.