View Single Post
Old October 26th, 2011 #7
OTPTT
Banned

I'm beginning to think that they don't want people getting screened for disease in hopes that by the time people realize they are seriously ill it will be too late.

I was put through a stress test when I secured a new cardiologist and hadn't had a good physical in some time including cardiac testing. I take a heart medication that increases the S-T segment which without the medication might indicate coronary blockage. My cardiologist had me come back the next morning for a nuclear stress test which gave me no small amount of alarm until I came home and researched the results of stress tests in patients taking digoxin. I found two studies that showed such patients would likely show suppressed S-T segments which in those cases would be normal.

The nuclear stress test was normal and I now know I don't have any coronary blockage.

I'm still for preemptive testing and don't think you all should dismiss such testing because "they" change their opinion and reverse course. I don't think one can rely on anything coming from the media or medical researchers these days.