View Single Post
Old February 22nd, 2008 #5
Alex Linder
Administrator

Alex Linder

[Context: jewish techniques for stifling debate]

[Jewish tactic: screaming to intimidate the honest and drown out the truth.]

Political Science Professor Emeritus, Manhattan Resident, Says We Need More Loud, Obnoxious Jews; etc.

Re: James Fulford’s Column: Saletan’s Scuttle And The Curse Of Jacob Weisberg

I read Fulford’s essay and agree with every word.

For the record, for my views about the myth of white racism have caused me much grief in my lifetime.

Years back, I wrote the lead article for the Weekly Standard on the fable that whites are racist.[White Racism: The Seductive Lure of an Unproven Theory, March 24, 1997, not online.]

See what the lack of a single "s" in one’s ideological DNA can bring—Slate editor and hate monger Jacob Weisberg vs. me, Robert Weissberg, that’s with "s" twice, aware about race reality.

Fulford makes a point that deserves additional scrutiny—winning arguments in New York by browbeating your opponents.

I spent most of my life in a research university setting where one argued with hard evidence—this study versus that study, my data versus your data, on so on.

When I recently moved to Manhattan, I was amazed at how one "won" arguments. I was equally amazed about how little so-called smart people knew, especially about race. But to listen to the smart alecks talk, they clearly think they have a true grasp on the subject.

Lucky for them that their profound ignorance hardly embarrasses them or anyone else since intelligence is not the currency of New York social life. Consumption outranks everything.

Those who perceive themselves as debate winners reject real science to instead offer a bag of verbal tricks and over the top emotional appeals. If all else fails, they try to destroy tangible evidence by claiming to "be offended" by the truth.

Sadly, these bullying techniques are all very "Jewish". And I say this as a Jew of good standing.

Interestingly, a few non-Jews have learned verbal abuse skills and are proud to have crossed over to the unenlightened camp where articulation triumphs over facts and skilled research.

The bottom line is that our side lacks a sufficient number of loud, obnoxious Jews willing to intimidate those who deny reality.

Weissberg is Professor of Political Science, Emeritus at the University of Illinois-Urbana, and occasionally teaches in the N.Y.U. Politics Department, Masters Program. His essay The Hidden Impact Of Political Correctness is available on MindingTheCampus.com. Others of his columns that appeared on Human Events are here. Weissberg is the author of The Politics of Empowerment and Polling, Policy, and Public Opinion: The Case Against Heeding the ‘Voice of the People.

Last edited by Alex Linder; March 2nd, 2008 at 04:35 PM.