View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2005 #13
Sean Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiochus Epiphanes
If you're under a domestic restraining order, you're prohibited.
The sheriff told me that to be under domestic restraining order or EPO it has to be made by your spouse. He said you can’t get a restraining order against a neighbor or the like.

Also the country attorney said someone has to directly threaten your life or point a gun directly you and threaten your life before you can get a warrant for their arrest.

Was that all a crock or any truth to it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSixPack
Most gun dealers know why people like powerful guns and they aren't going to pry too deeply into your reasons or potential uses so long as your papers are in order and you don't bring up illegal activity. "Target shooting for fun" is a good catch all reason for purchasing ANY firearm.
They ask questions? I wouldn’t say anything, just pick up the gun and hand them the money. The more you say the more suspicious you look. BTW I was at a gun show once and the guy sold a gun to some gook who couldn’t even speak English. He just picked up the gun (Taurus 9MM) and started snapping it. No papers or anything just paid double the book value and walked off.