View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2006 #56
Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abzug Hoffman
I actually took an star map outside and learned the names of the stars when I was younger. To this day, I know a sky map when I see one, and that ancient find is not one.

I have a degree in anthropology, and one thing I know is you can't take one artifact/piece of art from an alien culture and "explain" it based on what it looks like to you. Some times you can work out a theory, going from the known to the unknown. Even then, it could be wrong.

Look, modern books are just full of silly bunk. This is part of the dumbing down of libraries, the same as they dumbed down schools. They don't want you to have real scientific knowledge, because you might be dangerous then. So they lead kids astray with esp, time travel, ley lines, astrology - all sorts of nonsense to keep you busy. And they drag ancients in to give it a respectable "history". This fools a lot of people into thinking there must be something to it. But it's romantic bosh.
With your degree in Anthropology, you would know that Archaeology is a minor discipline, and you would also know that Archaeoastronoy and Archaeogeodesy are two specialized areas of Archaeology, all under the major Anthroplogy. Just because the new age "religion" has made a questionable ideology out of scientific facts does not negate scientific facts. True science neither supports nor negates religion. True science could care less about religion. Conflict of interests. What part of Anthropolgy/Archaeology/Archeoastronomy/Arcaeogeodesy do you not recognize as valid scientific pursuit of knowledge? While it is true that a more tangible pursuit of these disciplines are better obtained in schools of higher education from other countries and not the Kwa, such as Russia, these areas lie within the realms of valid scientific pursuit. Valid scientific pursuit is not new age "religion" anymore than it is christian religion or the religion of the jude. To take any religion and attempt to negate scientific facts with it is absurd, to say the least. If religion were to prevail over science, you would not be sitting at that computer attempting to negate scientific findings with your religious view of life. So you have caves that are naturally occurring and not man-made. For one, you don't have them, the world of Natural History does. Claiming that "your" naturally occuring caves proves that the tunnels and caves at the Bosnia pyramid are not man-made is a little "confused" wouldn't you say? Did you buy your degree in Anthropolgy?