View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2017 #20
John Smithwick
A White ethnic group too

Location: Crackertown, down yonder in a honkey home, away from Multicultia :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Henderson View Post
When you are un-drunk, Rev. Smithwick, you must 'splain.

Logos is the appeal to logic-ethos is ethical appeal, pathos is emotional appeal...
I never really lose my mental faculties when drunk (although I may say something different tomorrow when I read this again lol) ... must be the Irish in me.

I guess I've observed the Logospathos then. You're very intelligent (I didn't know of that distinction).

To put it plainly, there's something panentheist about this reality, as opposed to strictly pantheist/atheistic (although that might just be semantics in terms of the difference between panentheist and pantheist). In other words, there's something reactive about the mind and nature that can't be explained by mere coincidence (IMO).

From my experiences, there's "something", perhaps that should be spelled with a capital 'S', that can do things, like make a thud sound in perfect tandem/synchronicity (as Dr Jung once described) with my thought(s) (so that I hopefully internalize a value or concept (I've eventually noticed)). Now, I don't have any evidence of this thing / phenomenon. A camcorder going wouldn't necessarily help because you couldn't read my mind when the subtle, seemingly insignificant and boring event happens (although, if there were a verbal exchange with someone (the way Jung and Freud once noticed, when there were a couple of knocks behind Jung's bookcase when they were discussing ideas about the paranormal and "catalytic exteriorization phenomena"), then that might be considered a type of evidence worthy of documentation). Tom Campbell's 'My Big TOE' is a type of update on this theory.

Well Beautiful, you've triggered me to be more articulate and burn more time on a forum than I usually wood (oops, I mean would lol). Often think it's women like you who drove Western civilization to be the first. It's the beauty that inspires (plain and simple).

Quote:
Heraclitus is the 'everything flows' guy. 'You never step in the same river twice'.
Ya, well and it's sortof true what he said, although much has remained the same over the past several thousand years he's been away (earth, water, trees and the same animals are still here, starry nights, etc.) But civilization has moved forward. The only constant in time is a bit of change, as the saying goes. I like this thing called the internet, which that poor bloke never got to experience lol.

Quote:
One can hold that philosophy, since everything being fluid is very self-evident, and be 'Atheos'.
Well said. And I don't think there's much to gain from the "logospatheos" (as we just coined tonight) aside from a fool like me perhaps gaining something from that mysterious force in the form of remembering / internalizing the basics, over and over again. Well, goodnight Beautiful. I'm going to bed (alone of course lol, as I think Heraclitus often did, sadly lol). Aaaahhh, I gotta get a life and a wife again. We have a beautiful girl living here with my male roommate and I... she never accepts either of our invitations. Aaaahhh women ... lol.

Last edited by John Smithwick; September 26th, 2017 at 12:28 AM.