View Single Post
Old February 13th, 2004 #7
Fred Streed
Holy Order of Cosmonauts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Vinyard

According to one of our newest WR members, who recently worked as an n/a staff member, their membership has dropped to a few hundred, though it is hard to pinpoint an exact number since they don’t seem to take anybody off their membership list. I know a couple of people who attend our regular WR meetings that haven’t paid their NA dues in a year and a half but still receive their Bulletin. One of them was even invited to their last Leadership Conference. No doubt they are still listed as members.
Ben Vinyard

Hey Ben-Interesting stuff, this comes up a lot. People who have RESIGNED their membership are still getting bulletins. It is a way of inflating the membership numbers but it is also due to the pure ineptness of the clowns attempting to run the NA these days. They honestly do not know who is a member and who is not. When the accusation surfaced against Gliebe for pressing the extra thousand Cut Throat CDs "under the table" I asked him about it. It totally fucked up his day. This was about 11:00 PM one night. By 8:00 AM the next morning he had a gang of armed thugs at NAHQ to guard the doors of the main office Bldg. and the warehouse in order to deny me access to it. Marta had the database locked down pretty tight under several layers of security. She offered to go in and teach someone how to access it and how to run the damn thing since it was custom built. Gliebe refused, for some reason he seemed terrified of having anyone who wasn't under his control accessing the databases which also incidently contained the inventory records, as well as the business records contained in the computer I was using to pay the bills and balance the accounts. He sure seemed to take these "baseless accusations" serious. He brought in his ace team of 18 year old pimply faced "computer experts" to crack the data base. The result was the loss of the database.

I doubt if anyone at NAHQ even knows what the current membership numbers are.