View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2004 #25
Intrepid
Dodging vacuous stares

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitler goddess
Now that you brought this up, this is something that concerns me. I have known a lot of people who have attempted to quit smoking and have gained weight. And I know that weight gain is a common occurrence for many people who quit. I do want to quit smoking, but I don't want to get fat in the process. I know this concern may seem silly to some people, but as a woman my physical appearance has always been extremely important to me.

Hoax, Intrepid: Did either of you experience this weight gain when you quit smoking?

It may work, but I figure it must taste pretty nasty
I've gone from 175lbs to about 185lbs, H.G. I'm 6'1", so it's a good weight. It was only the first week or two that I was gorging on grub. Funny thing is, I've been in my gym and out runnin', hikin' etc. considerably more than before before & the weight has just stabilized. So there must be something to the metabolism issue. One other thing I just noticed a couple of days back: I'm getting about 1,000 calories & 75g of fat just out of these darn sunflower seeds I'm gnawing on constanly.

Btw, the gum doesn't taste that bad, but I think the patch is more effective.