Full Thread: Czech Republic
View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2011 #55
Serbian

Quote:
Five Czechs charged with propagating Nazism via Facebook

The five you Czech men now on trial in Kroměříž are also charged with inciting racial hatred through the internet

01.12.2011 - 18:19

An extreme right-wing march including members of the Workers’ Party for Social Justice (DSSS)

The trial of five young men accused of propagating Nazism and inciting racial hatred by posting videos containing Nazi symbols and music clips with neo-Nazi content on their Facebook pages has begun in the Moravian town of Kroměříž. If found guilty the accused could face from three to ten years in prison. All of the accused have pleaded not guilty.

The accused are Tomáš Čermák (age 26), Antonín Pohanka (28) Jan Chudárek (20), Tomáš Pospíšilík (20) and Antonín Cápek (19), all from the Kroměříž district. They allegedly committed the crime of propagating Nazism from February through November of last year.

According to the state prosecutor, Robert Hanuš, the videos published by the five accused include music with lyrics which incite hatred against people of “non-Arian” ethnicity. The computers of all of the five accused were confiscated by police. Pohanka and Pospíšilík also face breach of copyright for using counterfeit software.

The five deny the charges, claiming they did not understand the texts of the foreign groups whose videos they posted, and in the case of the extreme right-wing Czech and Slovak music clips they say they liked the music and did not pay attention to the lyrics.

“I like hard rock music. I found it on You Tube and it seemed interesting to me,” Čermák told the court, while Pospíšilík said that as far as he understood, the bands “only sung about having fun and against the police,” the news server lidovky.cz cited the accused as telling the court.

However, all of the accused have admitted that they took part in extreme right-wing demonstrations and gatherings. Police found 60 stickers of two ultra-nationalist organizations at Pohanka’s home.

The next hearings in the trial are scheduled for February 2, 2012. “The videos published and photographs shared on Facebook will be shown to the court. I consider it necessary to provide translations of the foreign texts because nobody here knows the exact content, and print the texts of the Slovak and Czech bands which are available on the internet,” said the Kroměříž district court head, Karel Rašín.

Assessments by experts on political extremism of the symbols published by the accused are due to be submitted to the court in time for the next hearing.

http://www.ceskapozice.cz/en/news/so...azism-facebook

''Screw your optics, I'm going in'', American hero Robert Gregory Bowers