View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2014 #11
Mike in Denver
Enkidu

This is possibly the most dangerous, to us normal folk, new moves by any government in the world. It's spreading to the US as well, though so far mostly to livestock and front yard gardens.

Here in Denver over the last few years home gardening has taken off. I still am surprised when I start talking to someone for the first time and find out that they are growing a good deal of their own food. Denver has possibly one of the worst growing seasons in the US. We're only at just under 40 deg. north latitude, but we are at more than a mile altitude -- my house is at its base 5415 feet. Still people here are growing food...and raising chickens. A lot of very small dairys (or is it dairies?) have sprung up in Colorado selling excellent, mostly goat milk and other dairy products. Greenhouses are springing up here and there, small, medium, and soon to come, huge.

But, there is an undercurrent here that people only barely talk about that one day the Feds will roll in and shut it all down. They've done it elsewhere.

Mike

Last edited by Mike in Denver; January 11th, 2014 at 12:16 PM.