View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2019 #13
Breanna
Eternal Glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdFire View Post
The Irish ,if you ask me, often have that whiskey-celebration flavour in their voices . .

I do not mean that in a negative way, i. e. that they're all drunk-asses but that they are a very customs-conscious people

And . . I know I've said it on this forum many times . .the Irish pronounciation was more or less the precursor of American English in contrast to for example the English spoken in England . . The U.S. did start out as an English colony but since the beginning of the 1800s more and more Irish settled there even to the point that the original 'British English' spoken there took on an Irish pronounciation. .
I find this notion somewhat strange as American English sounds so different from either a British or Irish accent I thought its more a blend of a bunch of different European voices like French and maybe Polish and German and stuff like that in there too? Saying "my" instead of "me" where does that come from as in "me hand" what Irish and English people say rather than "my hand" what Americans say? I'm from an island settled entirely by people from Bristol in England and Devon and southern Ireland and peoples accents are extremely different from the accents on mainland North America such that it becomes immediately obvious that I am a foreigner and every American/Canadian I'm ever after meeting thinks I'm from the UK.