Full Thread: college
View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2014 #214
Alex Linder
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Morrow View Post
Was going to be an English professor until in class we were discussing politics on campus. The campus is much more right wing than a typical lefty hive due to being a Midwestern state school, but the place has weirdo stuff going on like multicultural rooms and GLBT freakshow stuff going on. A Hispanic woman teaches about immigration policy and half of the "poli-sci" majors are yids. The campus, no bullshit, seems about 20 percent jew...in WISCONSIN.

There are almost no right-wing people teaching at the high school and college level. At all. All the reading has a very left-wing slant.
I was point blank told by the head of the English department to not even bother.

For instance, in a Major Poetry class we skipped so many straight White heavyweights in favor of three consecutive Communists
(Hughes, Ginsberg and Adrienne Rich).

The beginning of the semester had a Modernist slant to it and we skipped...
William Carlos Williams
Wallace Stevens
T.S. Eliot
Basil Bunting
Ezra Pound
The entire Imagist movement within Modernism so people like Hilda Doolittle
W.B. Yeats
WWI poets like Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon

Just rotten. Dickinson, Rimbaud and Andrew Hudgins were the only things worth reading in 14 weeks.

I should have dropped out semesters ago. I was denied a philosophy major assignment for defending Arthur Butz in class, for instance.
I think college is a waste of time and debt trap unless you're in something that can't be easily politicized, like chemistry or some other hard science. Real intellectual culture has become a private concern, as here at VNN. Basically, whites have to build a system outside the System, while paying to sustain the System.