View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2009 #61
Joe Owens
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bev View Post
I get that, but I'm still struggling with it. I'm not defending Metallica as a fan here but trying to be a dispassionate observer. Their songs are good clean songs. "Master of Puppets" is about the evils of drugs. "One" is about war, or more specifically, landmines. Joe says Nothing Else Matters is a love song, I say it's about James himself - but whichever - it's still a clean song.

I'm struggling to see who they are aimed at and why. I know Europe, Def Leppard et al are aimed at feminising men with the long hair and prancy dancing and I know it's just an image. But the original two of Metallica have short hair and they're masculine men. So that can't be it.

That strikes a note (pardon the pun) because I do like Cry for the Indians - not the sentiment or the fact that Anthrax's singer is half jew before anyone says it but the catchy chorus melody - just the way the notes are arranged.

But it still doesn't explain why my brain likes Metallica and yours likes Showaddwaddy or Joe's likes opera or whatever.

I don't believe every single song is bad, but we need to look at the big picture. First of all, the music is too loud. Secondly, most songs are about trivial irrelevancies or someone’s personal problems. Thirdly, does modern music have a purpose that is constructive to our society? And last but not least, we have the hand of our sworn enemy at the helm of modern music. Surely, this must raise suspicions among right thinking Nationalists.