View Single Post
Old October 4th, 2009 #74
Bev
drinking tea

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
I am all for an attack on the popular music industry and the svengalis behind it.Particularly those like Malcolm McLaren who are completely open in their intention to apply their social engineering while making as much money as fast as possible.
I am not sure about the songs though,I have just looked up the Metallica song on you tube and came across November Rain By Guns and Roses.I have heard of this band and believed them to be a heavy metal band but like the Metallica song this is a ballad.Like the Metallica song they have an Orchestra involved.

Now this song has a very dodgy multi cult video and the principles in it (Guns and Roses ) Look like heroin users.But the song itself is extremely complex it is not just verse/chorus/verse/chorus/bridge/chorus.It has multi melodies and elaborate intros,extros the melody alone would have taxed Wagner.
Now I'm not saying that Guns and Roses should be an example to our youth merely pointing out that while these characters can be attacked for their appearence,demeanour,drug taking and poofy tarts hair.It would not be a wise move to attack their musical abilities
They are very accomplished and do do some heavier songs. None are to my taste anymore although I don't turn the radio off when the Dylan? cover Knockin' on Heaven's Door from the film Lethal Weapon is on.
Their image is appalling - any man who spends as much time on his hair and nails as Axl Rose does is not a good model but they do have musical excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Owens View Post
I don't buy or listen to any modern day music anymore. How can one listen and buy this crap when our enemies are using it to destroy us? Grown men singing about losing their angel, baby, sugar or honey is pathetic. No wonder men are killing themselves listening to feminised rubbish.
Music has now become paramount in people’s lives, when it shouldn’t be. Music is drummed down our ears everywhere we go. The music of today is influencing kids to what is supposedly right and wrong. And we as Nationalists must oppose this.
I don't entirely disagree. I wish we could entirely change music to reflect right and wrong in the way that some bands do, or put greater trust in parents and the social environment as a whole to teach their kids right from wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Owens View Post
Yes, but one can't take one song to justify the whole music scene. November Rain is a good tune, but we must look at the big picture. Gun's n' Roses are heroin users. Therefore, they keep the heroin trade going.
I didn't know they were heroin users, although I've not really been into them for years since they turned away from Welcome to the Jungle style songs all soft rock type.