Full Thread: Kevin MacDonald
View Single Post
Old December 29th, 2009 #3
Igor Alexander

I listened to this interview today. A number of the things MacDonald said, particularly in regards to VNN, struck me as contradictory. For example, he says we should be fighting the enemy and not each other (I agree), and that everyone should pursue his own course, but then spends much of the interview slamming VNN. Well, which is it? Is it "different strokes for different folks," or does he want to blame VNN for holding WN back from popular acceptance?

I disagree with MacDonald on homosexuality being "genetic." I have to wonder how much research he's actually done on the subject because the evidence for a genetic cause to homosexuality is, to be generous, inconclusive at best and very possibly fraudulent. This point is important because if homosexuality is really "genetic" rather than being a perversion, the ramification will be that it's OK to expose kids to this lifestyle and counterculture since there's no way they could possibly be swayed or seduced by it. I suspect MacDonald is siding with the "nature" side of this debate rather than the "nurture" for ideological reasons more than anything. There's at least as much evidence for homosexuality being a choice and/or influenced by the postnatal environment as there is for a prenatal cause.

But what I really don't get is how MacDonald can be belligerent towards people who are hostile to queers and then turn around and say that it's in the queers' best interest to go back in the closet. How exactly does MacDonald intend to send queers back in the closet? By asking nicely? Is he completely oblivious to the fact that queers have a powerful lobby whose primary objective is to keep them out of the closet, while deliberately destroying the traditional (heterosexual) concept of the family MacDonald says he wants to protect? Something doesn't compute.

MacDonald wrote some good, scholarly books about jews, but I'm increasingly starting to think that he should stay out of politics. He's yet another guy who wants to have steak without getting his shirt bloody to get it.

BTW, were some earlier comments removed from this thread? I thought I had posted something earlier about how GLR wanted to deal with blacks.

Last edited by Igor Alexander; December 29th, 2009 at 06:26 PM.