View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2012 #4
Leonard Rouse
Celebrating My Diversity

Quote:
Originally Posted by N.B. Forrest View Post
When I got the Comcast cable "Triple Play" package, I was mildly anticipating BBC America, since I was hoping to see reruns of classic "Britcoms" like The Good Life, The Fall & Rise of Reginald Perrin, Only Fools & Horses, etc. (I began watching these and others on PBS in the early '80s and loved them); I was to be bitterly disappointed, since it's nothing but godawful shit. Even the vaunted Top Gear is insufferable....

I agree that All Creatures is magic. Doc Martin is a pretty good modern one. Another that made me howl is One Foot in the Grave with Richard Wilson playing a constantly bitching/fumbling pensioner.
BBC America is a mess.

I used to watch the hour long evening news, then they took it off and moved it to US PBS affiliates--cut down to 30 minutes. They still have the morning news with their mud du jour newsreader.

I also thought they'd have a lot of British entertainment shows, but they don't. For a while they were another sci fi channel of all things. Top Gear has had some of the funniest material I've ever seen on TV, but it's hit and miss, and I don't need a weekly marathon of it.

I was excited when Dish picked-up Russia Today, but their news is nothing like I thought from the clips I'd seen here and elsewhere.

Last edited by Leonard Rouse; September 24th, 2012 at 09:42 PM.