View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2019 #52
Stewart Meadows

Quote:
Biden admits busing questions surprised him at debate

By Nolan Hicks
July 4, 2019

Vice President Joe Biden attempted to explain away his sputtering debate response to questions about his opposition to federally mandated busing Thursday by claiming the attacks surprised him.

“It came out of nowhere,” the longtime politician told reporters in Iowa at an Independence Day parade. “It didn’t seem to be something at all consistent with anything that I’d been accused of before.”

He added: “But I think the end of the day … we need to be talking about the future.”
(...)
President Obama’s number two made the statement as he continued his back and forth with 2020 Democratic primary opponent California Sen. Kamala Harris, over his statements lauding his relationship with now-deceased southern Senators who supported segregation and his prior opposition to federal busing legislation.

The fiery exchanges between the two during the Democratic debate in Miami last week have dominated media coverage of the presidential race for days and given Harris’ campaign a badly needed boost in fundraising and the polls.

“You also worked with [those segregationist senators] to oppose busing,” Harris told Biden directly on the stage. “And there was a little girl in California who was part of the second class to integrate her public schools and she was bused to school every day. And that little girl was me.”
https://nypost.com/2019/07/04/biden-...him-at-debate/