Full Thread: I, Tonya
View Single Post
Old February 8th, 2018 #5
steven clark

Default I, Tonya

Good replies. I still enjoy the film's depiction of blue collar life, and again, it's a comment on getting away from bad people. Like I said, it reminds me of the family my brother married into…just a bunch losers and underachievers, but my brother goes along. Like a lot of people in such situations, he got trapped and became passive. Now, he's 71 and stuck with taking care of a 7 year old girl the mother, a pothead, doesn't want, and the father isn't too keen taking care of…he's an ex-Marine who got a medical discharge and now married a black woman and has her kid. That's the happy family he wants.
MY brother's wife manipulated him into all of this, and he seems accepting.

It's also interesting that this is a film by an Australian. The film Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri is by an Irishman, and no, I won't see or review it. it's about another wacky woman, and of course deals with 'racism'. When I saw a preview of the leading woman kick a teenage girl in the balls, I decided it wasn't for me.

Three Billboards is garnering prizes and critical acclaim. Seems like the ruling class wants to hear racism and nasty, misanthropic feminism wherever they can. Noted too that in the winter olympics, a black guy was chosen to carry the torch, and some in the teams are complaining of bias.

Well, sure. It's clear the system wants whites destroyed. They make no bones about it, now.

Films always like to take losers and, if not glorify them, tell their story. It's kind of the 'win by losing' philosophy explained in Hear the Cradle Song, where Christianity is shown to favor losers and downtrodden, and by being one of them, you 'win by losing' and so get God's favor.

These two films have been called movies of the Trump era, which shows what the ruling class thinks of us, much like the Clint Eastwood film Gran Torino, with its love of Laotians and Clint dying for them, was called the first movie of the Obama era.