View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2004 #47
Der kleine Doktor

Quote:
Originally Posted by STORMSOLDAAT
As I have stated the breakup of the currupt belgian state is not an anti-Wallonian move but a pro Flemish move. The Wallonians hardly have a nationalist movement anyway and are far more liberal, let them choose their own way the Flemish people can not carry them forever! Its time they stood on their own feet rather than sitting on the back of the Flemish.

We want a Europe of Nations, a union of Nations but not a Europe like America (one big nation). Europeans are not the same FACT: look at a typical greek and at a typical German (its not just because of the amount of sun that they look totally different), we different racial backgrounds and cultures. We also have links and reasons to stand together on many issues in all our interests, such as on immergration.

As for the racial link with the wallonians, yes there are some common roots, both have Germanic-Frankish origin but the Flemish are Generally fairer (more Nordic looking) than the Wallonians.

Where abouts do your Ansestors come from? Are they Flemish or Wallonian?

There are loads of Kool Flemish sites about the early pro-NS movement and the idea of a union with the Netherlands = Dietsland if you are of Flemish decent you may be interested to learn more about your people and their struggle.

Let me know and I will send you the link, almost all are in Dutch. I may have some links to sites that are in English.
Yeah I understand, but the minority is the biggest issue. Well, it is only one person in my family was saying so not much, but Wallonian. I must find out where from though because that will determine if person could be Flemish/Wallonian vice versa.Maybe only Wallonian. I have respect for both parts of Belgium. I understand Dutch a little bit from German knowledge.Ik spreek niet Nederland. I just know many Dutch words, in fact, many European words.