View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2013 #13
Crowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJG View Post
That's too bad. The rest of your post was actually decent but then you had to go and say something nonsensical like this. While I would like others to contribute to this thread, it's a good idea to know what you're talking about before you do.
I've been using PCs for 20 years. I started using them when I was 7 years old, back in the 80s before there was even windows. At 7 years old, I knew how to type in a command in DOS to play a game. My father was a graphic designer, owned his own business, so I was always around state of the art PCs growing up.

Flooding your desktop with shortcuts might not be noticeable if you got a blazing fast PC, but on older PCs and in the past it made a difference.

I got a blazing fast I5 2500k CPU + a SSD - too many desktop icons won't give me any noticeable changes in boot times. But for others running older/slower machines it could.

I got an old pentium 4 hooked up and it boots up noticeably faster after I removed most of the shortcuts. Basically that PC ran slow as hell when it was given to me, and now it runs almost as good as new. So I do know wtf I'm talking about.

Last edited by Crowe; March 24th, 2013 at 04:05 PM.