View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2017 #4
steven clark

Default Kevin Probably Saves the World

To be honest, I rarely watch TV what with my job on evenings, and they all are the same kind of show. And re Kevin, they do like those those righteous negroes.
I usually watch Two Broke Girls when I get off work at 12:30 am, and Friends. The first is a slutty version of Laverne and Shirley, the second i never saw before. Both are kind of funny and relaxing in their own way, and when nigs or queers get mentioned, I flip off the set and read a book until I sleep.

I'm also re-watching I, Claudius, which I haven't seen on TV since 1979. It's a good series, although you can see blacks being filtered in here and there. It's also witty, which most TV isn't.

I also saw Battlestar Galactica, the 1980 one, on TV. I never saw it when it was on the tube, but i did watch the remake a few years ago, which I think is a lot better.
Noted that in the original series, supporting characters Boomer and Tigh were black, as by then, you always had blacks as sidekicks. One screenwriting book I read said to make a screenplay work you needed 'a hero, a romance, and a sidekick.' The book called the sidekick 'the Morgan Freeman part', which shows how much they dump blacks into this stuff.

But when they did the Battlestar remake, a lot of SHTF when Boomer was Grace Park, a Korean woman, and Tigh a white Canadian actor (the series was shot in Canada.) No blacks in the main cast, and there were a lot of complaints. Also, Starbuck, Adama's cigar-smoking wingman, was played by a woman, and purists had a shit fit. I think the producer was big on getting women in the series, and this won out over race. Probably wouldn't work today.