Full Thread: Weird Jewish faces
View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2021 #265
Stewart Meadows

Stewart Meadows

Here's an op-ed that was published a couple of days ago on the jewish news site JTA:

Quote:
The danger of that #nosejob trend on TikTok

JOANNA MANN
MAY 14, 2021 4:28 PM

Don’t get me wrong, I love my “Jewish nose.”

But when more and more #nosejob and #nosejobcheck videos started popping up on my TikTok For You Page, it brought back those old unwanted feelings of hating my appearance I worked so hard to overcome. I wasn’t even interacting with the videos, yet for some reason I couldn’t get them off my feed.

On TikTok, the #nosejob hashtag has nearly 2.5 billion views, and #nosejobcheck has over a billion as well.
(...)
I can’t help but wonder how many young teenagers today — including Jewish girls — are taking in these videos in harmful ways.

First, let’s just take a minute to talk about the antisemitic history of the stereotypical “Jewish nose.” There is actually no proof that Jews tend to have larger noses, or any physical characteristics that group us together, for that matter. There are Jews of every size, shape and color, and the diversity of the Jewish experience is something to be celebrated. But …

The large, hooked nose stereotype dates back to the 1930s, when it was used in Nazi propaganda to stir disgust and hatred of Jewish communities. I remember learning in Hebrew school about Nazi propagandist Julius Streicher and what he wrote in a children’s book during World War II.
https://www.jta.org/2021/05/14/opini...rend-on-tiktok

Of course, dear. It's just "antisemitic propaganda"...

Last edited by Stewart Meadows; May 16th, 2021 at 05:53 PM.