Full Thread: Edgar Steele
View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2011 #2357
Donald E. Pauly
Banned

Angry No Temporary Insanity Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by procopius View Post
"Donald E. Pauly" is keeping this thread live. Dedicated isn't he.

Anyway Donnie, as has been pointed out before the slim chance of claiming "insanity" almost always never works in a real court case especially using "temporary insanity." In fact, I bet such a defense is seen as a joke by lawyers and judges. Those only work in TV shows and comic books.
BTW I have never claimed that Steele was temporarily insane. Brain damage from strokes induced by aorta surgery is permanent. However some of the lost function can be restored by therapy. He may be able to learn not to write steamy love letters from jail to his Ukrainian girlfriend when he is charged with trying to blow up his wife with a pipe bomb.

He also needs to learn the silliness of writing 14,000 emails to other Ukrainian honeys in connection with the investigation of the so called Russian bride scam. This is especially true after his wife caught him on a dating website and started to divorce him.

While he is in therapy he might be able to learn not to say that he likes Obama in jail house interviews. His skills of being a good liar have vanished. He will therefore never be able to practice law again even if his conviction is overturned. There is hope for him if he gets out.

Because his worthless lawyers rejected his only possible defense, he will spend two years in prison while his appeal is considered. In the unlikely event that he gets a new trial, he will be convicted again unless he uses the correct insanity defense. The evidence against him is damning. Any one who doubts that needs to read the 1,500 pages of the trial transcript like I have. It is not clear why Cyndi is lying to support his version. She has to know that he is crazy and has been so since he got out of the hospital. It happens all of the time with such patients.