View Single Post
Old March 6th, 2019 #1
ColdFire
Banned

Default How the state is glorified in media . .

. .I did this thread https://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=549475 in the same section some time ago . . . Then I mentioned the state being glorified in this thread https://vnnforum.com/showthread.php?...49#post2268849 again . .

'State propaganda' is nothing new in media . .

I'll use this thread to give a short breakdown . . .

- - -

I'm sure many are familiar with this silhouette . . . .

. . the 'father of all detectives' . .

'Sherlock Holmes' . .

. . probably the first positive detective-figure in newer history . .

This figure came into being at about the second half of the 19th century . .

. . it originated in England . .

. . this 'detective-figure' was among the first to glorify the state back then . .

The stories were quite successful back then . .

What surely was in the background . . The life especially in Victorian England in the 19th century was very hard . . One might say it was almost too hard for some classes to bear . . .

. . the fact that one of the first 'state-servants' to be held up high originated there somewhat is not surprising . . . The English police-force was held up high . .

- - -

. . Police , in the modern way , didn't exist until about the second half of the 19th century . . .

. . then I suppose it became necessary because of the societal shift . .

OF COURSE 'enforcers of the law' were often made heroes in entertainment . .

- - -

. . see how that works . .?

Well , what more or less started with characters like Sherlock Holmes over the course of time became police-propaganda at its finest . .

. . or even . .

. . wait . .

Batman too . .?

. . isn't he just a comic figure . .?

. . let's look at the plot . .

- - -

. . some kid of millionaires witnesses his parents being killed at an early age . .

. . which has a traumatizing effect on him . .

. . after that he vows 'revenge' to every 'criminal' in fictitous Gotham City . .

. . see how that propaganda works . .?

- - -

. . 'enforcers of the law' are always held up high ( even if only fictious . .)

. . .

The reasons I post this thread . .

. . those of you who read my posts may know that they're often quite society-critical . .

. . I wish to do away with the illusion many chase by consuming media . .

Do you think ANYTHING which opposes the state would ever be glorified in media . .?

. . these people wish to maintain the 'status quo' . . .

. . in this case I'll take it with the words of one of 'the Batman''s biggest 'opponents'' , Harvey Two-Face . .

". . one man is born a hero . . his brother a coward . . babies starve , politicians grow fat . . . holy men are martyred and junkies grow legion . .

'Why . . why ? ? . . why ??'

Luck ! ! Blind , stupid , simple , doo-dahhhh . . clueless luck ! ! !"

- - -

People , do not accept the status quo . . The fact that 'law enforcers' are glorified even to the point of comic books . .

Last edited by ColdFire; March 6th, 2019 at 11:46 PM.