View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2011 #64
H.T.R.
Lover of Plumpynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Cobb View Post
Truckers in my company with their own rigs, i.e., a tractor with the right type of trailers, are earning $30,000 to $50,000 per month. That's $360,000 to $600,000 per year. Regular drivers without their own rigs earn about $10,000 a month here. You can imagine, it's pretty disappointing to me that this thread hasn't inspired a single WN to get in on the rush. Oh, except Rounder's four young neighbors, who are just White kids without politics. I guess a share of down and outers are getting some vicarious kicks reading about this boom though, ha.

If time wasn't at a premium for me, and I didn't have more specific long term goals, I'd get one. You can buy such a rig for $60,000. Used.
Hey Craig! I understand your frustration, but I don't think it's as easy as you're making it out to be (at least for me, I think you have a different perspective being there in person).

I have a Class A CDL. The trouble I'm running into is lack of experience and one speeding ticket within the last couple of years (on my motorcycle playing around in the middle of nowhere, STILL ran into the ZOG machine! ). Most truck driving positions listed, whether they be on C-list, shopper, or NDworkforceconnection, require at a minimum one year experience, and more often than not, two to three years. I send out applications and resumes and get crickets chirping in return.

Don't get me wrong, I may still just roll out there with nothing lined up and camp out in the car. I figure that even in the worst case scenario, Taco John's will hire me at $15 an hour for the overnight shift so I can make enough money to come home...

Anyway, thanks for the updates. Check out this interesting article on a house some dudes built under a bridge in Williston: http://www.willistonherald.com/artic...2225746233.txt

Sure enough, the local ZOG machine showed up to throw them out. "There will be no building of shelter on my watch! I don't care IF YOU DOOOO freeze to death whitey!"