View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2005 #50
Matthaus Hetzenauer
Wutta maroon!

Default "Pipe" -- the latest thing in cutting-edge technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasyurus Maculatus
A three foot length of Lead piping swung in anger can in terms of 'delivered impact' (measured in Newtons/mm2 or lbs/in2 per gross area of impact) , can in the right circumstances, far outweigh the delivered impact effects of more conventional assault weaponry.

Use of a blunt instrument also calls for more courage than sitting behind a trigger or 'scope, in order to get up close and personal with a foe.

The ability needed to eficiently use a blunt instrument is a 'transferable skill', and is far more discreet than walking around with a 45 magnum or AK47.

Bottom line:
What can be 'better value' than a blunt instrument?.
:box:
Yeah, well, a length of pipe might come in handy in a pinch, but I think I'll stick with making myself proficient in the use of firearms, thank you. Call me crazy, but something tells me I'll have a better shot at holding back the hordes the day the SHTF if I'm equipped with an AR or AK, rather than something a neanderthal might consider a step up in advanced weaponry.

Lots of luck on The Big Day swinging your piece of pipe as LeRoy comes at you with a Mac-10 or streetsweeper clasped in his grubby paws.

Last edited by Matthaus Hetzenauer; December 5th, 2005 at 07:41 AM.