View Single Post
Old September 29th, 2017 #37
Rolf

Rolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Henderson View Post
There's truth in what you're saying, but my opinion re the parts I put in bold:

1. Facts are not determined by trust, nor authority. They are observable and are either reliable to a reasonable standard or they are not.
Take the Black vs White IQ gab, I never did any of the research, so I have to trust in the research of others. So the racial IQ gab is ultimately a matter of faith. Of course I can logically deduce that the totality of evidence points towards a 15 point gab, but it's still ultimately a matter of faith.

Quote:
One need not be a genius to know certain things are not factual. One need not seek out an expert in theoretical physics to know that Luke was forgery, for example, and that people do not rise out of their graves on the regular.
But what if Christianity, despite being mostly a bunch of bullshit, increases the well-being and success of a nation? There's a good argument to be made that Christianity saved Europe from an Islamic take-over.

What if Christian Identity will save us while Atheist Identity will not? Nobody here is intelligent enough to know the answer to that because of the complexity of the matter. If Christianity can save us, it would in fact be insanity to reject it.

Quote:
That's precisely why one's thinking is either 'rational' or 'irrational'--aka 'taking it on faith'.
Our political reality is too complicated for most people to fully contemplate, which is part of the reason why the mass media is so successful. When Linder concludes that finding a compromise with the Jews has a 0% success rate he might be correct and rational, but I'd have to engage in several years of research to see if he's rational or not.

We rely on others to form most of our complex viewpoints, but I agree you can judge a person by seeing whether they are rational by seeing whether they have rational viewpoints on the simple things, and do not show absolute certainty when it comes to matters that cannot be fully known.

Quote:
Also, re authority: if you were diagnosed with brain cancer, you would not allow a Pizza Delivery man to do neurosurgery on your noggin.
We let the equivalent of Pizza Delivery men run our government however, they are very well spoken Pizza Delivery men of course, but I'd hate to see how they would perform in a real job.

Quote:
2. Sanity is also measurable and observable. If one is not sure of their sanity, that would indicate something right there.
Over estimating one's own capabilities, which would include sanity, is something Negroes excel at, if we can believe the available research. A cornerstone of intellectualism is being open to the possibility of being wrong, or too stupid to fully grasp a concept.

Quote:
I'd say Manson is wrong---there are things that make sense, and there is nonsense. And while there are certainly unknowns in this Universe, some things we can know for sure, contrary to Robert Wilson's saying.
I agree, Manson was clearly psychotic.

Quote:
In fact, look at that when you feel someone is being untruthful or operating a 'cult': they will spin the 'don't be arrogant, nobody knows for sure what the truth is' line. That is so you will not question.
A cult is always based on some form of totalitarianism, which is something I readily oppose. Christianity opposes it as well, which I believe to be one of its many strengths that is not fully grasped by most atheists.

We of course need a certain pragmatism, we should get as close to the truth as possible and base our actions on that.

Quote:
Re the very first thing said in the post: I see it as opposite. Most WNists are racial loyalists, but may have nothing else in common.
Their view on race is vague though, which makes their loyalty vague. One droppers are a prominent example, Out of Africa denialism, and so the list goes on.

Quote:
In fact, Nationalist melting pots are a lot like Christ Insanity, in that they both teach the fairytale that you can 'teach' an ideology that will make people behave and think in a way that is cohesive and similar to one another. They don't teach the observable truth: that biology trumps all taught behavior. If one is wired violent and stupid (blacks) you will not 'love' them out of being generally violent people, nor will you 'educate' them into being highly intelligent and creative.
Agreed, but I think a lot of WNs believe the 'All Whites are equal' fairy tale.

Obviously some blacks are superior to some whites. WN Insanity however states that all Whites are superior to all Blacks. So WN has its communist leanings as well.